About Dr Manish Sharma
Dr. Manish Sharma is a reputed medical oncologist currently practicing as cancer specialist in Delhi (medical oncology). Dr. Manish Sharma is head of unit in the Department of medical oncology at Action Cancer Hospital, Paschim Vihar, Delhi & ex. head of unit in the Department of medical oncology at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and research center, Neeti Bagh, New Delhi. Dr. Manish Sharma considers his expertise as a passion rather than a profession. Being alumni of Rajiv Gandhi cancer Institute and research center and President NBE gold medalist awardee, he is considered the best cancer doctor in Delhi and renders his services.
Trained and graduated in India's top medical institute - Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, he obtained his post graduation in internal medicine from VMMC and Safdarjung hospital, New Delhi. Thereafter Dr. Manish Sharma completed his super specialty training in medical oncology from prestigious Rajiv Gandhi cancer institute and research center, New Delhi. He also received ANBAI super specialty gold medal award 2017 at national level during his tenure. He is indeed the best cancer doctor in Delhi.
His expertise spans across all types of intensive and non-intensive chemo protocols, hormonal therapies and precision medicine including immunotherapies and targeted therapies. He also has a good hand in dealing with oncological emergencies. He has a keen interest in breast cancer, lung cancer, gastrointestinal cancer, head and neck cancer, prostate cancer and haematological malignancies like lymphoma, leukaemia and multiple myeloma. Dr Manish Sharma has also to his credit preceptorship and advanced courses in medical oncology in various international institutes organized by European society of medical oncology (ECMO). He is an active member of various national and international cancer societies. He focuses on treatment as well as helping patients manage their symptoms and improving their quality of life. In addition, he has been effectively involved in organizing various workshops, seminars and conferences across the country and overseas and has an active presence among the best cancer doctor in Delhi NCR.
In addition, Dr Manish Sharma has a keen interest in clinical research & research ethics. He has numerous publications to his credit in reputed peer-reviewed Journals and Research gate, an online repository of scientific articles. He has actively participated in various national and international seminars, CMEs and conferences. He is also a co-guide to DNB students in medical oncology. With this career path and achievements, Dr Manish Sharma is named among the best cancer doctor in Delhi.
Dr Manish Sharma is currently a consultant and head of unit medical oncology at Action Cancer Hospital, Paschim Vihar, Delhi & ex. head of unit medical oncology at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Center, Block K, Neeti Bagh, New Delhi where he has been working and accredited since last five years in various capacities. As the best cancer doctor in Delhi/NCR and all over India, his regular work here is to treat cancer patients and to practice world-class clinical protocols and ensure implementation of care pathways in hospital.
Dr Manish Sharma has explored program materials for various CME programs and focus-group discussions with doctors, besides counselling cancer patients and their families, acting as a catalyst for various support-group activities such as cancer survivor meet. He actively participates in charitable cancer screening programs in various corporates, institutes, colleges and RWA community satisfying his inner wish for community service. In addition, due to his great presence among the best cancer doctor in Delhi, India, he is invited to numerous cancer awareness talk shows events, as well as at several national and international conferences like one organized by ESMO at National Cancer Institute, Singapore to share his professional knowledge. He has written articles for leading medical journals, newspapers, newsletters and magazines. The objective is to reach the underdeveloped areas of the country to spread awareness about cancer and its treatment. He wants to do translational research towards personalized treatment of cancer. In addition to his work in the field of medical oncology, he has successfully published articles, case studies, abstracts and posters in various journals of national and international fame.
Years of Experience
Successful Cases Handled
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma
- Hormonal Therapies
- Immunotherapy For Solid Malignancies
- Oral & Systemic Targeted Therapies
Excellent Comprehensive Cancer Care
Choosing a cancer centre is an unavoidable decision when you diagnosed with cancer. Your family face an intimidating medical condition and often don′t know where to turn for accurate information, help, and comfort. Get an appointment with Dr Manish as the best cancer doctor in Delhi/NCR region and avail the best consultancy and treatment.
- Preceptorship Course In Immunoncology – ESMO, Singapore
- Advanced Course In Prostate Cancer – National Cancer Institute, Singapore
- European Certified Medical Oncologist (ECMO)- Exam Conducted By European Society of Medical Oncology
- DNB, Medical Oncology and Hematology (Gold Medalist), Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi
- DNB Internal Medicine – VMMC and Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi, India
- MBBS – Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, India
MEMBERSHIPS & CERTIFICATION
- European Society of Medical Oncology
- Indian Society of Medical & Pediatric Oncology
- Medical Council of India, registration number 26551
- Delhi Medical Council, registration number 32660
- Mar, 2018 – onward : Consultant, RGCI&RC, New Delhi, India
- Mar, 2015 – Mar, 2018 : DNB Medical oncology, RGCI&RC, New Delhi, India
- Sep, 2014 – Mar, 2015 : Assistant Professor, Goldfield Institute of Medical Science and Research, Faridabad.
- Sep, 2013 – Sep, 2014 : Senior Resident (Dept. of Medicine), Goldfield Institute of Medical Science and Research, Faridabad
- May, 2013 – Sep, 2013 : Senior Resident (Dept. of Medicine), Dr. Ambedkar Hospital, New Delhi.
- Jan, 2011 – May, 2013 : Senior Resident (Dept. of Medicine), Deen Dayal Upadhay Hospital, New Delhi
- Aug, 2010 – Dec, 2010 : Clinical Associate (Dept. of Emr Medicine), Fortis Escorts Hospital. Faridabad
- Aug, 2007 – Aug, 2010 : Trainee DNB (General Medicine), VMMC & Safdarjang Hospital, New Delhi
- Feb, 2007 – Aug, 2007 : Junior Resident (Dept. of CCU),Fortis Escort Hospital, Faridabad
- Gemcitabine with carboplatin for advanced intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma: A study from north India cancer center. Indian journal of cancer.2018. Accepted and ahead of print.
- Neo-adjuvant Chemotherapy (Preoperative chemotherapy) or Induction chemotherapy (sequential chemoradiotherapy) in very locally advanced unresectable primary or second primary head and neck cancer: presented at Asian clinical oncology society international conference. 2016
- To Assess Efficacy of First Line TKIs in EGFR Mutant Advanced NSCLC Patients from North India. Journal of Thoracic Oncology. 2017;12:S1232.
- Application of next generation sequencing to detect targetable mutation: A case report of good response to everolimus in salivary ductal carcinoma. International journal of medical and health research.2018;4:153-155.
- Isolated splenic metastasis in a case of carcinoma jejunum. Indian Journal of Medical and pediatric oncology.2018 Accepted and ahead of print.